Elswick Park dates back to 1881 and was originally the grounds of the imposing Elswick Hall. The Hall was demolished in the 1980s and the lack of investment meant many of the original park features had been lost.
The park has undergone significant refurbishment in 2007, followed by a community garden created in 2009 and a community orchard planted in 2011. There is a good mix of shrubbery, mature trees, grassed areas and flowers.
The Park is popular with families and local residents and offers a great range of leisure facilities including play areas, tennis courts, football pitch and Elswick Community Leisure Centre.