Paddy Freeman’s Park
Originally the farm and mill of Patrick (Paddy) Freeman in 1795, the land was farmed by generations of the Freeman family and naming of the park in the 1860s.
The park is mainly grassed for informal leisure activities. with some shrubs and woodland plantations. The lake is used by the Heaton and District Model Power Boat Club who celebrated their 100th anniversary in 2010 and still a very active club today.
There is a large play area for younger children plus a main play area for older children. There is a bowling green and two tennis courts, plus a full-size football pitch.
This park is home to one of our Urban Green Cafés. There are also two picnic areas within the park which have some accessible benches that are suitable for wheelchairs.
It is also home to the old bowling Pavilion, which is a versatile and flexible venue that lends itself well to a range of events and activities and is available to hire. Find out more information here.
Did you know?
The Heaton and District Model Power Boat Club was formed in 1910 and regularly race their boats on the lake.