What data we collect
We may collect the following information:
- Personal details (name, email)
- Details of the ways in which you wish to be contacted by us
Your activities and involvement with Urban Green Newcastle will result in personal data being generated. This could include:
- Your attendance at special events
- Your visits to our website
- Your use of our public wifi
- How you’ve helped us by volunteering or by donating money
- Where you have applied for a job or volunteer role with us
We do not normally collect or store special categories of personal data. However, there are some situations where we may need to do so. These may include, for example, if we need to know about any access, medical or dietary requirements you, or someone in your care, may have.
Children and Young People
We take great care to protect and respect the rights of individuals in relation to their personal data, especially in the case of those aged 13 or younger. We will not use the personal data of children or young people for marketing purposes. Personal data about children and young people is only accessible by our staff on a strictly need-to-know basis.
Why we collect this data
We collect your data in order to make your interaction with Urban Green Newcastle as positive and easy as possible. We only ever use your personal data with your consent, or where it is necessary in order to:
- Enter into, or perform, a contract with you
- Comply with a legal duty
- Protect your vital interests
- Carry out a task in the public interest
- For our own (or for a third party’s) legitimate interests, provided your rights do not override these interests
We also only ever use your data for the purpose or purposes for which it was obtained.
We use website cookies for a number of different reasons as listed below. You can manage these small files yourself and learn more about them from allaboutcookies.org
- To measure how many people are using our services, so they can be made easier to use and so that there is enough capacity to ensure a speedy service
We use Google Analytics to collect information about how people use our website. We do this to make sure it’s meeting its users’ needs and to understand how we could do it better. Google Analytics stores information about what pages you visit, how long you are on the site, how you got here and what you click on. We do not allow Google to use or share our analytics data. This is a list of data stored by Google Analytics cookies:
- utma stores each user’s number of visits, time of the first visit, the previous visit and the current visit
- utmb and _utmc checks how long a visitor stays on the site: when a visit starts and ends
- utmz tracks where a visitor came from (search engine, search keyword, link)
- utmv and _utmd track visitor journeys through the site and classifies them into groups
These cookies each last different amounts of times:
- utma expires two years after your last visit to this site
- utmb expires 30 minutes after your visit, or after 30 minutes of inactivity
- utmc expires at the end of a session (when you close your browser)
- utmz expires six months after it was last set
- utmv (not set) expires immediately
- utmd (not set) expires immediately
How we store this data
We are committed to ensuring that your information is secure. In order to prevent unauthorised access or disclosure we have put in place suitable physical, electronic and managerial procedures to safeguard and secure the information we collect.
Electronic data and databases are stored on secure computer systems and we control who has access to information (using both physical and electronic means). Staff receive data protection training and we maintain a set of data protection procedures which our staff are required to follow when handling personal data.
We only store your data for as long as we need to, and in order to carry out various services for you. We continually review what information we hold and will delete personal data which is no longer required.
All electronic forms will use the Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) protocol to encrypt the data between your browser and our servers.
We will never sell your personal data.
We may share your personal data with contractors or suppliers who provide us with services. For example, we may use a mailing house for the distribution of our What’s On leaflet; we use Direct Debit processors for the handling of payments and email providers for our marketing communications. Information is transferred to data processors securely, and we retain full responsibility for your personal data as the data controller. These activities are carried out under a contract which imposes strict requirements on our suppliers to keep your personal data confidential and secure.
We may share your personal data where required to do so for prevention of crime or for taxation purposes (for example, with the police, HMRC) or where otherwise required to do so by other regulators or by law (e.g. the Charity Commission, Companies House).
If you are a tenant or Urban Green Newcastle and/or hold a license for some form of land use activity, we will use your personal information to fulfill our contract with you. This may include, but is not limited to, sending you rental invoices, tenant and landlord correspondence, and contacting you with information about issues or activities relating to your lease or license. We will not pass your details to third parties except where you have provided explicit consent or where we need to do so in order to fulfill our landlord responsibilities, for example if we need to send your address to a maintenance contractor so they can carry out repairs.
We are wholly based in the UK and store data within the European Economic Area. Some organisations which provide data processing services to us do so under contract and may be based outside of the EEA. We will only allow them to do so if your data is adequately protected.
Our websites contain links to other external websites. We are not responsible for the content or functionality of any such websites. Please let us know if a link is not working by contacting email@example.com